I grew up in a Jamaican household where I often saw the women in my family give of themselves instead of to themselves. Where self care was sort of a practice, but not as often as it should have been. I realized that I was doing the same exact thing and so were my Millennial friends. Then there are the times I would have a stomachache or the flu and my grandmother would tell me to drink this tea, or blend this or that herb to feel better. I can even remember a time when I was visiting Jamaica and got what I think was food poisining and was given “bissy” tea and almost instantly the stomach bug cleared up.
Why I do what I Do
All of these experiences led me to create Golden Flourish; not only for the women who need it but for the future generations to come. This is a way to assist millennial women who are the mothers, aunts, sisters and teachers of the next generation. Assisting them in showing up for themselves in order to show up best for the younger generations; you know that generational well being.
Shout out to CreateHerStock for some of these lovely stock photos.
- BA in Child Study, St. Joseph's College
- MA in Health and Wellness Coaching, Maryland University of Integrative Health
- 200-Hour Registered Yoga Trainer, Breathe 4 Change (Yoga Alliance)
- Usui Shiki Ryoho Reiki Practitioner, Minka Brooklyn
- MS in Therapeutic Herbalism, Maryland University of Integrative Health